Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Catching up on re-runs

I posted a link for a YouTube presentation on Oprah Winfrey and Eckhart Tolle talking about his book, A New Earth. However, that link leaves a little to be desired. There's actually ten chapters of the discusson and only the first two or three chapters are on YouTube.

So, I found a link with the whole thing:

Eckhart Tolle and Oprah Winfrey Discuss A New Earth.

Enjoy!

One thing I can say: Eckhart has a lot more presence than I! On that first chapter, Oprah wouldn't shut up! LOL I kept thinking, "Let Eckhart speak, will ya??"

I hear that she does that because of her broadcaster training, which loathes dead air. However, it also really messes up some of the silence needed during transmission of teachings in certain cases.

I haven't watched the later chapters yet, but I hear she tones it down.

One thing that I haven't figured out yet is when to use the two different schools of thought I posed in an earlier post. Remember, one school talks about tackling your emotional hangups head on to clean up that window to the IS, and the school which Eckhart is from talks about acknowledging the dirt and allowing it to be, and while being that knowing, you realize the Consciousness behind it... and the dirt becomes irrelevant.

My problem is with people who have absolutely no training whatsoever.

Eckhart would see if they are capable of stepping back and observing their emotions, and if they aren't, he simply would say they aren't ready to awaken yet. He would tell them to go off and suffer a bit more and come back when they are ready. Someone who is ready would simply be able to step back and see the silence from reading his material.

In the way I learned, there are different amounts of unconsciousness. Most people aren't ready to do what Eckhart is suggesting, and in the way I was taught, there are things you can do to get ready. There are things that can facilitate your waking up. When I was learning this stuff, we did not even TRY to pay attention to our DS until years after starting IS work. By doing that, we prepped ourselves to be able to step back from the emotions. Although not anyone could do this training, (some people are just too unconscious) a decent number of people could work on it.

So, again, I'm not certain what the best scenario is. Do we train people in the preliminary stuff in the hopes that they might awaken in this lifetime? Do we leave them alone and let the momentum of others awakening carry them? Is the training process that I spoke of an outdated method that is no longer useful?

I can't answer these questions.

No comments: